A reminder to join us tomorrow from 5-8pm in front of City Hall for a free BBQ to show our solidarity with renters along Broadway organizing to resist displacement.
This will be a chance to connect building-level fights with the broader tenant movement in the city and to collectively imagine a city for all, not just the rich.
Today we launched our Renters Plan, the culmination of hundreds of surveys that VTU members collected from tenants along the Broadway corridor, painting a stark picture of precarious renters who will be pushed out of their homes and unable to afford to stay in their neighbourhoods. Read the full report here.
*Updated Accessibility info:
- Exact location: is north side by the stairs of Vancouver City Hall located at the intersection of Cambie & 12th Ave. The entrance on Cambie St has a ramp leading to the event location.
- Food: will include gluten-free and vegan options. We can accommodate other dietary needs if identified in advance – please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seating: will be available
- Shelter: there will be tents as rain/sun cover.
- Safety: Masks and Hand Sanitizer will be available. First aid-trained folks will be on hand in case of emergencies
- Scent Free: We request that attendees refrain from wearing perfume and all long-lasting fragrances
- Transportation – We can also provide accessible rides or bus tickets – please contact us email@example.com
- Washroom access – There are across the street in City Square Mall, located in the lower level behind the food court (map of mall).
Vancouver Tenants Union
Defend Broadway Working Group