You’re invited to attend our 2019 Convention & Annual General Meeting…
Sunday February 24, 2019 (9:30am – 5:00pm)
The Russian Hall
Find the FULL schedule and workshop descriptions here: vancouvertenantsunion.ca/
☆Workshops to Build Tenant Power! Choose from sessions focused on organizing, knowing your rights, storytelling and more!
☆ Snacks and coffee available in the morning and lunch served at noon.
Our Annual General Meeting starts at 12:45PM and is open to members of the VTU.
- Determine that there is a quorum
- Land Acknowledgement
- Community Agreements
- Approve the AGM agenda
- Financial Statements from the Steering Committee
- *Year in Review* Go over the hard work, struggles and wins from the last year! Starting with the Steering Committee and then from the active working groups:
- Outreach and Advocacy Team
- City Hall
- Real Rent Control Campaign
- Data Tools
- New Business, if any
- Elect Steering Committee members (election results do not have to be announced before the end of the meeting)
- Terminate the meeting
ELECT A NEW STEERING COMMITTEE
Find the list of STEERING COMMITTEE NOMINEES here with their statements. You may choose up to 10 candidates from the 12 candidates on this list. You may also choose less than 10 candidates. At the AGM you will rank them in order of preference with 1 being the highest.
You may print the list of Steering Committee Nominees or bring the list with you on your phone to help you vote.
- Gender neutral washrooms
- Wheelchair accessible
- Childcare available
- We are in the process of securing ASL interpretation for the event. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of workshops and sessions ASL interpretation will be available at.
- Please try to keep this a scent reduced space
- Transit reimbursements available for low income members. Please email us for details.
We are organizing on unceded Coast Salish territories, specifically of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh nations.
Vancouver Tenants Union